Tuesday 29 November 2011

Metal Work/ Workshop

Today being the last workshop tour, during the field guide project. The chosen practice was metal work. I can say I have had my fair share of usage in this field but not always have the outcomes been a success.
We first got introduced to the equipment and different processes involved, something of which I was already fully capable of doing, apart from perhaps the blow torch and the polisher.
We got asked to produce something, whether it be a small sculpture or just a showing of the processes involved. For some time I have wanted to produce geometric shaped jewellery. My fascination with maths and having perfect sides and angles can seem the complete opposite of the human form so I thought this would be something clever and outstanding to go on, with the topic challenging, but not too difficult to produce in the short time.
Pics up later

No comments:

Post a Comment